Putting your share on hold
It is easy to manage your account online. If you are going out of town and want to skip your next delivery, you can put a future box on hold by going to your account and clicking on the calendar day you wish to hold. All holds must be placed no later than two days prior to your delivery day. Unfortunately, cancellations the day before delivery cannot be accepted . You can let us know to donate your share or you can have a friend pick up your share to try our farm share out for a week!
We re-use the wax boxes used to pack shares in to limit our consumption of products. Every wax box will have a plastic liner containing your vegetables. Please remove the plastic liner and vegetables and transport your vegetables home in the plastic liner or a reusable bag you own. Please fold and leave the wax boxes at your pick up site. We will retrieve the wax boxes from the previous week, sanitize them, and use them again. Wax boxes cannot be recycled so please help us to be more sustainable to reuse them.
If your life situation changes that deem you unable to participate in our farm share, King's Hill Farm is only able to offer you a full refund of your purchase prior to the start of the farm share season. Partial refunds are dependent on a case-by-case basis following the start of the farm share season only if you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No returns of items is acceptable.
A Farm Share is about commitment to a local farmer and our commitment to you. The majority of the cost of a share go toward farm management, operations, and improvement so that we can continually serve our members with produce they can trust.
Farm Share Rules of Conduct
1. I agree to arrive at my pick-up location on time or give advanced notification if I am unable to do so. I also understand that the pickup locations have tight schedules they must adhere to and that they are unable to wait past designated times.
2. If I am unable to pick-up my box at the designated time and do not contact King's Hill Farm to make alternate arrangements before my scheduled pick-up time that my box will be donated and I am still responsible for payment.
3. If I opt for home delivery, and cannot be home to receive it, I will designate a place on my property for my produce to be dropped off (preferably an ice chest with ice packs placed in a shady location to keep the produce cool and fresh) as King's Hill Farm is not liable for produce once it has been delivered.
4. I understand that King's Hill Farm is certified organic and that the produce may not look perfect. King's Hill Farm makes every effort to wash, sort and quality check our produce, but there may be some residual dirt, and sometimes I may find a blade of grass or two, and possibly even a bug.
5. I understand that King's Hill Farm does their absolute best to pick the highest quality produce to put in the boxes, and try not to include any items that are “bad” however they are human and may make mistakes or overlook things.
6. If there is any item that is questionable, I will let King's Hill Farm know within 48 hours, and I will give them the opportunity to make it right by providing me with another available item at no cost to me.
7. I understand that by becoming a member I am sharing in the risk and rewards of the growing season. I realize there can be issues related to harvest that may preclude produce from being delivered. That of pests, blights, weather, and other unforeseen circumstances.
8. I will automatically be added to King's Hill Farm email list and I promise to stay subscribed to it for as long as I am a paying member of the CSA.
King's Hill Farm Statement of Privacy
King's Hill Farm is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy applies to King's Hill FarmWeb site and governs data collection and usage at all King's Hill Farm sites and services; it does not apply to other online or offline sites, products or services. Please read the King's Hill Farm Statement of Privacy. King's Hill Farm is a general audience web site, intended for users of all ages. Personal information of all users is collected, used and disclosed as described in this Statement of Privacy.
Collection of your Personal Information
As an E-commerce Web site, King's Hill Farm collects personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Information collected by King's Hill Farm is used solely for the purpose of billing and shipping your online purchases. King's Hill Farm does not collect any information about your computer hardware and software.
King's Hill Farm encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from King's Hill Farm so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the King's Hill Farm Web site.
Use of your Personal Information
King's Hill Farm and its operational service partners collect and use your personal information to process product orders and deliver the products requested. It is possible that King's Hill Farm may also use personal information to inform you of other products or services available from King's Hill Farm and its affiliates. King's Hill Farm may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
King's Hill Farm does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. King's Hill Farm may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
King's Hill Farm does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
King's Hill Farm may access and/or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on King's Hill Farm or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of King's Hill Farm, including its Web site; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of King's Hill Farm or the public.
Personal information collected on this site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which King's Hill Farm or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. King's Hill Farm abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.
Control your Personal Information
King's Hill Farm offers its customers choices for the collection, use and sharing of personal information. You may go notify us of your preferences by emailing email@example.com. Please be sure to provide complete account information so we can identify you in our records.
You may also stop the delivery of future promotional e-mail from King's Hill Farm by responding directly to any email you receive with a request to remove you from the mailing list.
Security of your Personal Information
King's Hill Farm is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, we use a secure payment gateway so your information is protected.
Changes to this Statement
King's Hill Farm will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. If there are material changes to this Statement or in how King's Hill Farm will use your personal information, King's Hill Farm will prominently post such changes prior to implementing the change. King's Hill Farm encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how King's Hill Farm is protecting your information.